« Home | Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know Matthew... » | » | » | » | A New Update! » | I took these this morning his tail was wagging con... » | He is so much better and I was happy see he like c... » | Mrs. Odom (she works @ the clinic) has been taking... » | Matthew would not have made it very much longer,... » | He had to be catherized at first so I was also thr... »

Horrible smell from starvation, it was sickening,...

I took these this after we got back from the vet this morning.
I was wrong when I said he weighed 31 lbs when I found him he was only 27 lbs. and today he is 32.4 lbs.

We started his heartworm prevention today but have to wait until he finishes all his antibiotics and other medicine before he gets his vaccinations.

They found buckshot and rats shot in his back legs, bottom and behind his ears. He is going to leave it until he is neutered so he will be out when it is removed.
Not only did someone not help this dog they added insult to injury by shooting him with buckshot (no wonder I had a hard time getting him to come to me when I found him).

I always carry cat food and had some canned food with me when I saw him.
When he smelled the food he finally stopped walking away long enough for me to get him.

He had such a horrible smell from starvation it was sickening.

They tell me it is called the smell of death because their body is breaking down everything to use for fuel before the die.

Anyway, back to a more positive note he is much better and will be neutered when he is fat and healthy enough. Thank you to everyone that has helped on this effort........sharon