« Home | Matthew and Friends,.. » | Matthew's Weekend!! » | PLAY TIME!!! » | Matthew Get His Chip!! » | Matthew,.. Extreme Host and Player!! » | Bein' a Bird dog is COOl!!! » | Always Somethin',..... » | » | See the Beauty of the English Setter » | Matthew,... A beautiful English Setter,..... »

In Memory of Matthew,....


This post is in memory of "Matthew", a Bird Dog from Texas who was unexpectadly called home, on June 3.

After returning from a weekend in the country, a squirell, or a rabbit caught his eye, something Matthew just could not ignore,....

Sharon heard the tires squeal, and a horn honk,. and Matthew was gone,..

Below Sharon describes her last day with Matthew:


He normally doesn't care about anything ,but running the fence rows but that particular weekend he kept coming to the back door, and wanting in then right back out.

He was extra affectionate to me, and could not get enough attention.

I held him in my lap ,on the back porch for 45 minutes ,just combing out the burs and petting him.


All I can say is in the short 8 months he was with me ,I tried to do everything I could to make him happy, and I think he was, except he need more time to hunt and run.

I also want everyone to know he did not suffer,.... he was running,.. doing what he loved and never knew what hit him.